10 Productive Things to do When You're Feeling Lazy
How to be productive during depression | Productive things to do without leaving the couch
I don't know about you, but I'm a busybody and sitting around doing nothing makes me feel incredibly guilty. Whether I'm sick, feeling blue, or just plain burnt out from the routines of daily life, I must do something productive in my day. If you're like me, then stick around and check out these 10 effortless but useful activities you can do without even leaving the couch.
1. Clean out your phone and your computer. Clear up space on your devices by deleting old photos, crappy games, useless apps, and other programs you don't use.
2. Surf Wikipedia. Visit Wikipedia and search for something - anything: glue, earrings, pencil lead, Abraham Lincoln, etc. Read about a topic then click on a link in the article that will take you to another topic. Finish that one, click on another link within that article, and on and on.
3. Watch infotainment videos on YouTube I am a huge fan of Ted Talks, Matthew Santoro, Today I Found Out, Thoughty2, and The Infographics Show. These guys create highly entertaining and informative videos on all kinds of topics, from food history to space exploration.
4. Make your to-do list for tomorrow. Don't just think about what you need to do. Actually write it down so you don't forget.
5. Join cash back programs. If you like shopping online I highly suggest you join some kind of cashback program like Honey and Swagbucks. They're absolutely free and you get some of your money back when you shop! Who doesn't want money back?!?!?!?
6. Write a novel, movie script, or play. Grab a notebook or your computer and let your imagination run wild. And, who knows? You just might write the next big hit!
8. Learn another language. You don't have to buy any fancy language learning programs, there are plenty of free resources on YouTube and the entire internet.
9. Browse KickStarter. Check out this great crowdfunding site for awesome new projects and worthy causes to support. You might get inspired to get up and start your own project!
10. Get on eBay or Amazon, leave feedback and rate your recent purchases. This is something that many people don't do because they don't want to be bothered with the extra step or they honestly forget. Leaving feedback for sellers is very important as it lets other buyers know what they're getting into before buying. Reviewing items helps improve the online shopping experience for everyone! I don't buy an item unless it's been given at least 4 stars.
Are you having a lazy day today? Which activity do you think is the most productive? Let me know in a comment below!