7 Reasons Why You Should Date a Writer
Updated: Nov 18, 2019
Dating a writer.
To say that writers are unique is a bit of an understatement. They are in a class of their own. Dating such an extraordinary character will be a delightfully unusual experience and quite possibly the most deliciously romantic relationship you will ever find yourself in.
1. They will immortalize you in words. You’ll might become the inspiration for a character or perhaps even the focus of an entire story.
2. They know how to compliment you in the most flattering and honest way. Writers are walking thesauruses and they are very choosy with their words, both written and verbal. No writer will look at you and say simply, 'You're pretty" or "You're handsome." You can expect to be worshipped with a pleasing array of synonyms that tickle the ear; words like bewitching, stunning, ravishing, or... pulchritudinous...
3. They’re very good conversationalists. A writer's brain never sleeps and with so many thoughts and ideas running through their mind, finding a subject to talk about will never be a issue. There will always be something to talk about whether you like it or not.
4. All they’ll see is you. Being a writer can be hard when you’re job consists of sitting and typing for hours and hours. A professional writer might not have a lot of time to meet other people so they can be fiercely loyal to friends and lovers for fear they might miss an opportunity to connect with others due to excessive busyness.
5. You'll never get bored. Writers are naturally very creative - they love adventure and new experiences. No two dates will be exactly alike, every bottle of wine will be different from the last, and the repetition anecdotes will be rare - there will always be something new and exciting on the writers brain to humor you with.
6. Writers are smart. No one earns the right to call themselves a professional writer or novelist by being unintelligent. But be forewarned, intelligence shouldn't be confused with wisdom, so expect rationality and informed opinions, but prepare for the possibility of recklessness as well.
7. When was the last time you've received an old fashioned handwritten love letter? It would be hard for a writer to resist the urge to pitch woo the same way the writers before them did, so love letters might be in store for you! It's a classic gesture of romance that you'll never get tired of.